Links to Other
Many of our members belong to other organizations with links for Norway and
the traditions that we celebrate. A few of them are
represented here. This list does not constitute endorsement or relationship to
the Torske Klub, it is just a link of our member's interests.
Related Cultural Organizations of our
Royal Norwegian Embassy in Washington DC
- Sons Of Norway
- Skjold Lodge - Mount
Prospect, IL - Celebrating 100 years in 2010
- Norwegian National League
- Norwegian American Chamber of Commerce in Chicago
- Vesterheim Museum - Links to the
Norwegian-American Museum in Decorah, IA
- The Norwegian American Genealogical Center and Naeseth Library in Madison,
- North Park College
- Chicago, IL , Center for Scandinavian Studies offers language classes,
lectures and various items of interest for those with interests in Northern
- Other known Torske Klubs (not directly related to us)
- Madison Torske Klubben - Our
brothers in Madison, frequently inviting us to dine or dining with us.
- The Minneapolis Torske Klubben - Established 1933 In a sense, the grandparent of our Chicago organization,
see our history
- The Norge Ski Club - Fox River
Grove, IL ski jump.
- The Des Plaines Elks Club - Not
Scandinavian related, but our meeting site
Lefse is a
flatbread made primarily from potatoes and flour, rolled flat and heated
on a hot flat iron. Our supplier is
Countryside Lefse Company in Blair Wisconsin.
Linie Aquavit - A link to the US
distributor. Also some notes in our own website.
Also see the producer in Norway,
New Scandinavian Cooking -
website of the New Scandnavian Cooking show on PBS which features some elegant foods in
Scandinavia along with some outstanding scenery of the Nordic countries. Check out the receipes.
These are links to
food related web sites especially related to our meal.
These are links to
Norwegian web sites of general interest and to those web site that have linked
Nordic Nook -
One of our favorite gift shops
while visiting Stoughton WI
Tre Kroner -
One of our favorite Scandnavian restaurants
while visiting Andersonville neighborhood in Chicago
Fun Links - Uff da
For content comments or questions,
©2022 Chicago Torske Klub